[Lxdream-dev] libisofs public symbols

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Dec 31 04:53:10 PST 2010

Hi,

i was pointed to
  http://www.lxdream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=281
where nkeynes states about libisofs:
> looks like 0.6.36 and later have started hiding symbols that aren't
> part of the official public interface. (didn't affect the build I did
> though for some reason). Damnit. I suppose I'll have to copy the pieces
> across instead, which is a little unfortunate.

Feel free to request public API functions.
The exported symbol list has been restricted because non-API functions are
allowed to undergo any change without notice or increment of the dynamic
library .so number. Debian checking software complained about such
changes. So i decided to try hiding all inner symbols.

I understand that you now copied the implementation of mem_stream_class
and rely on the API definition of IsoStream and IsoStreamIface.
This is safe indeed.
Nevertheless, we can make it less unfortunate if you want.

In case of an answer, please Cc my mail address.
(Is there really no traffic on lxdream-dev at lists.lxdream.org or is
 the archive dead ? "last rebuilt at Monday, 03 Aug 2009":
 http://lists.lxdream.org/pipermail/lxdream-dev-lxdream.org/
)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas